Friday, November 10, 2017

Pre-Op Appointment Is Completed

I spent almost 2 hours yesterday with my RE and the hospital lab to complete all of my pre-op requirements. We are cleared and ready for surgery on November 16 at 12pm. He's very optimistic about being able to completely fix the septum in my uterus and clean out any endometriosis that he may find.

He reviewed DH's latest semen analysis and was encouraged by the results. He did of course say that IVF with ICSI is still our only option and that he still recommends that we have a vial of donor sperm back up just in case DH's sample that day does not have any motile sperm. He said I should be able to do IVF 2 months after surgery, so I'm hoping to start in January.

I don't plan on using my RE for IVF because, simply put, his prices are more than we can afford. I have a phone consult with Dr. Grossman at CNY Fertility in New York on December 1 to discuss doing IVF there. Even with travel and increased monitoring costs, we will still save anywhere from $7,000-10,000. I'm hoping to do all required pre-IVF testing by the end of this year and hopefully do my retrieval by February.

No comments:

Post a Comment