Friday, December 29, 2017

Ending 2017... and Begining 2018

The end of 2017 is rapidly approaching and I can't say I'm sad about it. It's by far been the hardest year of my life. From trying to adjust to married life, to discovering our infertility and dealing with that, I've cried more this year than probably most of the other years of my life combined. I've spent probably hundreds of dollars on pregnancy tests, OPKs, and apps to help track my ovulation. We've already spent almost $2,000 on fertility treatments and we haven't even started the real process yet. I was expecting to be able to start IVF in just 1-2 weeks form now, but now it's pushed off until February. I feel like all of 2017 has been a long waiting game. Waiting to see doctors, waiting for tests results, waiting to see if Clomid worked; it's just really sucked.

I'm excited for 2018. I hope with all of my heart that I end 2018 with a baby in my arms, or at the very least, a baby in my stomach. Trying to conceive is not fun. It really sucks and takes all the fun out of marriage at times. I'm trying to learn to enjoy this time with just my husband and to not think constantly about how bad I want to be a mom.

I hope baby dust falls on all of us infertiles this new year, and that we all find happiness no matter what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment