Thursday, December 21, 2017

Tubal Disease? Say what?

I called my local RE to let them know that DH was back to 0 viable sperm again and we would most likely be going back to donor sperm IUI in February if his next test shows the same thing. They then decided to finally tell me that the doctor recommends I still move straight to IVF, because apparently during my laparoscopy he noticed I have a tubal disease called salpingitis isthmica nodosa or SIN for short, which lowers my success rates for IUI and increases my risk for an ectopic pregnancy. I was so shocked as he never mentioned this to me or my husband after my surgery, not even at my post-op appointment.

The only slightly silver lining to doing donor sperm was that it would be cheaper ($2,000 per try versus $9,000). But now, we have to do the more expensive option plus use a donor which I'm still having a hard time coming to grips with again. It all just really sucks.

We do have a donor picked out. We plan on doing one last semen analysis next month and then make a decision. If his count stays at basically 0, we will do IVF with donor sperm. We'll go ahead and have him give a sample just in case by some miracle he has sperm on the day of retrieval.

No comments:

Post a Comment