Friday, December 1, 2017

IVF Consult completed; 1 month until we start our first IVF cycle!

I had my phone consultation with Dr. Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center this morning. He told us we can start with my period in January. I have to call them with my December period to start doing the necessary blood tests and ordering my medication. I'm beyond excited! He answered all of my questions and was super nice. He did say I could choose to transfer two embryos if I wanted, and I can choose to do a fresh transfer, although he does recommend 1 embryo and a frozen transfer. We'll make those decisions when the time comes. He was very realistic about our chances, especially with the severity of our male factor. I can't wait to start the process. I have to call the financial team when I get off work at noon today to discuss those aspects of the process, but it looks like I'll be able to borrow the rest of the money needed from a family member so I don't have to do any financing. I'll continue to update the blog with any new news. Hoping for an October 2018 baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment