Monday, April 16, 2018

Week 8 Update - Scary ER Visit

I had my first prenatal appointment today and it went great. But yesterday was one of the scariest days ever. I was at church when I went to do my 2pm estrogen suppository and noticed I was bleeding pretty heavily. I completely freaked out and we rushed to the ER. They took some blood and did a scan. Everything came back normal. I was able to see both babies and they had heart rates of 150 and 170. They discharged me and said my cervix is bruised so I could be bleeding from that, but otherwise I and the babies looked completely normal and healthy. My OB today did a pelvic exam and said the same thing. I go for a scan with her on Friday at 4pm. I'll be 8w5d.

My OB decided that due to my previous septoplasty and since I'm having twins, she wants to deliver the twins via C-Section at 37 weeks so November 5th, which is the day before my birthday. Only 203 day until they arrive!

I'm still very nauseas and have to take Zofran pretty much every day. I also have to go to the bathroom all the time. One horrible side effect of pregnancy and from taking the Zofran is really bad constipation. I did find that the glycerin suppositories work great.

Update - Another scary bleeding episode on 4/17. Went to the ER and was sent home again. Everything looks normal. Keeping my scan on Friday at 4pm.

1 comment:

  1. I’m so glad to hear everything is well, even after the bleeding episode. So exciting that you have a date for their arrival!

    ReplyDelete