Monday, April 23, 2018

Week 9 Update



To backtrack a little bit, we had our first ultrasound with our OB on 8w5d. They babies looked adorable and you could see their umbilical cords, and little nubs where their legs and arms are starting to grow. Their heart rates were 188 and 186. I only have 7 days left of medicine including today. Actually I still take Progesterone suppositories for 2 more weeks after that, but those don't bother me at all. I'm just glad to be done with PIO shots and especially the estrogen suppositories.

I was able to find the babies' heartbeats with my home Doppler at 8w4d last week and it was the coolest thing ever. I try not to use it too much though because it freaks me out when it takes me a while to find them.

Symptoms-wise I feel mostly the same. Still having horrible nausea and vomiting, and Zofran now only keeps me from throwing up but does not completely take away the nausea like it was doing. I also deal with constipation some still too. I've been able to sleep better since weaning off of the steroid as I don't have to get u a dozen times to use the bathroom now.

My next doctor appointment isn't until May 14, when I'll have my 12 week scan to check for genetic defects. I did decline all genetic testing besides that scan.

1 comment:

  1. Look at the wee beans ❤️ How wonderful...I hope your nausea and vomiting improves soon!

    ReplyDelete